The Screen print illustrated was selected for an exhibition at the ASWARA Gallery, National Arts & Heritage Academy (ASWARA), Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA during February 1 – 29 2012 and is now part of their private collection.
Prints dispatched will be similar to the one illustrated – each print is original so variations of size (approximately A3) and colouring will occur. Each print will be signed by the artist Peter Bright (aka This Window). Screen print over ink wash. Cost (postage free) £15.00
Ink wash painting developed in China during the Tang Dynasty (618-907). Wang Wei is generally credited as the painter who applied color to existing ink wash paintings. The art was further developed into a more polished style during the Song Dynasty (960-1279). It was introduced to Korea shortly after China’s discovery of the ink.
Old images and ideas revisited and recycled – re-executed in print and paint. A body of work based around “Beauty and the Beast” a classic tale of love, rejection and prejudice, where the beauty is the beast and the beast is the beauty. An allegory, a symbolic representation or a metaphor for my feelings towards ART. Press cutting below about similar works. (click on image to read article)
The spirit of punk should be revitalized in this prescriptive, common script, widget, cut and paste web design world. Isn’t is about time we forgot the paste bit and cut and rip the internet into shreds and create an adrenaline fueled, chaotic explosion. I think what I’m trying to say is The Internet Has Just Got Very Boring! It is time for Anarchy in the web design world – my clients are asking me to create something different…..
Contact us for a FREE quote
My Art Prices (via PeterBright.info)
|Out of Stock… more info
||Beauty and the BeastPrice: £403.56
Date Added: Saturday 09 July, 2011
Original painting by Peter Bright . Media: Painting and Screen Print on canvas, signed and dated 2011. Size: 400mm x 400mm ARTIST + S T A T E M E N … more info
Notes on Painting:
Old painting 1980 (Photo credit: This Window)
Methodology doesn’t describe specific methods; nevertheless it does specify several processes that need to be followed. These processes constitute a generic framework. They may be broken down in sub-processes, they may be combined, or their sequence may change… Continue reading →
Due to market conditions the prices of Peter Bright’s (aka This Window) paintings and printmaking pieces have increased.
This is the print (right) by Peter Bright that was exhibited at
Cheim & Read, 547 W 25th Street, NY
“Painting is the practice of applying paint, pigment, color or other medium to a surface. The application of the medium is commonly applied with a brush. In art, the term painting describes both the act and the result of the action. These same criteria can be used to describe printing.”
Adobe Photoshop Allergy art art sale Beauty & The Beast Belgium Blog business Cassette Culture Creativity Devon Domestic rabbit exhibition finish the story Guy Fawkes Night Guy the Gorilla London London Zoo Mail mail art Mail Art and Artistamps Mick Mercer music Nancy Spungen Oil paint Paint painting paintings print printing printmaking punk Rabbit Screen Print Space Age store Technorati this window veronica henry video Visual Art Visual Arts west buckland Western Lowland Gorilla woodcut
Keep a roof over my head – make any offer for this painting here
||La Belle et La Bête
Original painting by Peter Bright . Media: Painting and Screen Print on canvas, signed and dated 2011.
Size: 501mm x 1603mm
Supplied in the original frame.
ARTIST + S T A T E M E N T …
Notes on Painting:
- The act of being creative is a love hate thing – The Beauty and The Beast someone fetch a priest(ref. David Bowie)Beauty and the Beast (French: La Belle et la Bête) is a traditional fairy tale. The first published version of the fairy tale was a rendition by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve, published in La jeune américaine, et les contes marins in 1740. The best-known written version was an abridgement of her work published in 1756 by Jeanne-Marie Le Prince de Beaumont, in Magasin des enfants, ou dialogues entre une sage gouvernante et plusieurs de ses élèves; an English translation appeared in 1757. The tale has perhaps been made most recently famous by the retelling in the 1991 Disney film.In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. liberated 12:47, April 7, 2011, from: http://en.wikipedia.org
- Action Painting – Pollock. Print dribbled paint.
- Soft pink landscapes (1980) Richard Hamilton A landscape of soft focus and toilet paper – a turgid landscape. Collotype and Screenprint – text and image. A remembered exhibition.
- Rediscovering the printing process after nearly 40 years has been an interesting process – disappointingly modern inks are not as rich in colour (earthy colours are very plastic like) and modern water based inks don’t become part of the surface, they sit on it, which is incredibly frustrating – the reason I took up printing in the first place was because of the absorbed flatness of the pigments.
‘Stoned Moon Series’ was Rauschenberg’s ambitious response to the American space program and the landmark Apollo 11 mission that put Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on the lunar surface in July 1969. At the invitation of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Rauschenberg witnessed the momentous launch of Apollo 11 at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.’
#Painting for sale – make an offer – I’m short of cash – #ndevon Make me an offer (any offer) on this painting and it is yours (you will have to pay postage or delivery costs). Contact me here with your offer! 1978 Original painting by Peter Bright . Media: Painting and … Continue reading →
- My Naked Art + the truth (myartmydisease.wordpress.com)